- 3 Tbsp. espresso
- 3 Tbsp. ground coffee
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 sachet vanilla sugar
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1 Tbsp. Kirsch
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place them in a small bowl.
- Pour hot water over the chocolate until it has melted. Carefully pour out the water leaving only the melted chocolate.
- Add the espresso and melted chocolate to a larger bowl.
- Add the eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla sugar and freshly ground coffee.
- Whisk the ingredients together, gradually adding the almonds and flour
- Chill the dough for an hour.
- Cut off small portions with a teaspoon, form into small balls between your hands, and roll them in sugar.
- Leave to rise for an hour and then bake at 230°C for 5 minutes.
TIP The Guetzli are ready to take out of the oven when they start to show fine cracks.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Ultimate Design Challenge: Vote for a Chance to Win! - November 16, 2018
- Jacklynn’s Contemporary Living Room Design Board - November 16, 2018
- Yvonne’s Cheerful Bedroom Design Board - November 16, 2018