It doesn’t take a shopping basket full of ingredients to create something delicious. Take this soup for example; creamy, comforting and very easy to make, this corn-coconut soup has a hint of sweet, followed by some savory goodness. You can make this in about 30 minutes, start to finish.
Corn-Coconut Soup with Bacon and Asparagus
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 6 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels (about 7 ears)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup coconut milk (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 3-4 strips cooked bacon, chopped
- 3-4 asparagus, blanched
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the butter, then the onion and celery. Cook until soft and translucent.
- Add the corn and broth. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes. Purée the soup in a blender. Strain through a sieve if you want it extra smooth. Return to the pot.
- Add the coconut milk, adjust the seasoning. Garnish with bacon and asparagus when served.