It doesn’t take a shopping basket full of ingredients to create something delicious. Take this soup for example; creamy, comforting and very easy to make, this corn-coconut soup has a hint of sweet, followed by some savory goodness. You can make this in about 30 minutes, start to finish.
Corn-Coconut Soup with Bacon and Asparagus
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 6 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels (about 7 ears)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup coconut milk (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 3-4 strips cooked bacon, chopped
- 3-4 asparagus, blanched
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the butter, then the onion and celery. Cook until soft and translucent.
- Add the corn and broth. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes. Purée the soup in a blender. Strain through a sieve if you want it extra smooth. Return to the pot.
- Add the coconut milk, adjust the seasoning. Garnish with bacon and asparagus when served.
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 House Plants That Thrive in Low-Light - April 1, 2023
- Six Key Benefits of Using a Waterproof Coating for Parking Lots - April 1, 2023
- Home Renos and Stress - April 1, 2023
Leave a Comment