Smart food choices and regular exercise are vital in helping maintain a healthy and balanced lifestyle. One of the easiest ways to improve your overall health is to increase the amount of fruits and vegetables consumed on a daily basis. Full of vitamins and nutrients essential in keeping your body healthy, achieving this goal may be easier than you think. Give your body a boost of naturally occurring vitamins and minerals, the same ones found in fruits and vegetables, by having a hearty sandwich as a part of a healthy, lunchtime meal.
Here are a few tips on to help you on your path to success:
Tips to boost fruits and vegetables in your diet
• Health-helper: Mix it up: Adding fruits and vegetables to your sandwich is a great way to get all of the required vitamins and nutrients to your daily meals
• Keep it colourful: Challenge yourself to try fruits and vegetables in different colours. Radishes, like those found in this Crunch Tuna and Radish Salad Sandwich, are a great source of vitamin C, which can help your immune system.
The recipe below is high in vitamin B1, which helps release energy from carbohydrates and is an important part of your body’s metabolism. Getting enough vitamin B1 in your diet is essential to your health and incorporating these tasty vegetables into this classic favourite is just the way to do that.
- 1 (170 g) Can low sodium tuna, drained
- ½ cup (125 mL) Diced radish
- 1 Stalk celery, diced
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Light mayonnaise
- Pepper to taste
- Shredded lettuce
- 2 Slices Dempster's WholeGrains Flax Bread, toasted
- Mix together tuna, radish, celery, yogurt, lemon juice, mustard and mayonnaise. Season with pepper.
- Divide lettuce between toasted bread slices and top with tuna mixture. Serve as an open faced sandwich.
For more delicious recipes, please visit NaturallyDempsters.ca
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Jo Alcorn’s Trends 2 Watch: Bathrooms - January 10, 2018
- Expert Advice: Getting the Best Bang for Your Bathroom Renovation Buck - January 10, 2018
- Accessing Your Home Equity: Remortgaging vs Home Equity Loans - January 2, 2018