QUESTIONS A DESIGNER OR DECORATOR MAY ASK AT THE INITIAL CONSULTATION.
When planning a home renovation or decorating project, the first step is an in-home consultation with an interior designer or decorator. To ensure this meeting goes smoothly, here are a few questions you should be prepared to answer.
DETAILS OF THE PROJECT
- What space are you considering a redesign or renovation for?
- What is your ideal timeline?
- What is your budget?
- What do you like most and least about the space?
- How do you want this room to feel or look when renovated?
- Are there specific activities or functions you need or want this room to do?
PREFERENCES AND PERSONALITY
- What family members reside in the home now or in the near future?
- Do you plan on living in this home/condo for a short time or long term?
- Do you have furniture pieces that you would like to keep?
- What design style do you prefer?
- What is your personal style?
- What colors do you wear or gravitate to?
These questions will help the designer better understand your goals and objectives for the project. Clear communication will go a long way toward ensuring your vision is achieved on time and on budget. – Text by Christine Da Costa
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Ultimate Design Challenge: Vote for a Chance to Win! - November 16, 2018
- Jacklynn’s Contemporary Living Room Design Board - November 16, 2018
- Yvonne’s Cheerful Bedroom Design Board - November 16, 2018