Design and Event Editor Evelyn Eshun visited the Zilli Home showroom and designed two different looks using a neutral fabric sofa with clean lines.
The Family Room
THE GOAL: To create a family-friendly space without sacrificing style.
- A CASUAL, CONTEMPORARY PAINTING adds pattern and colour to the space.
- THIS DISTRESSED WOOD SIDE TABLE with detailed fretwork has an area for added storage or display.
- AN UPHOLSTERED OTTOMAN with tufts is used in place of a coffee table. It is perfect for additional seating.
- THIS AREA RUG is casual, soft and timeless. It is the perfect addition underfoot to make this space comfortable and cosy.
- PILLOWS add glamour and texture to the clean lines of the sofa.
- EXOTIC AND UNIQUE ACCESSORIES bring interest to the space.
- A STYLISH THROW adds a glamorous touch.
- BLANKETS look great and can be used when taking a nap on the sofa.
The Formal Room
THE GOAL: To create a formal space ready to entertain guests.
- BLACK is as perfect in interior design as it is in fashion. In this room, it adds an unexpected glamourous touch.
- THE USE OF BRUSHED GOLD metal finishes to accent this look brings instant glamour and formality to the space.
- AN ART DECO STYLE SIDEBOARD is used as a bar beside the sofa.
- A SOPHISTICATED COCKTAIL TABLE made of wood and trimmed with brushed gold metal is a glamourous centre-piece in this space.
- LAYERING A COWHIDE RUG over a monochromatic damask area rug makes a statement.
Latest posts by Evelyn Eshun (see all)
- Bohemian VS Urban: Evelyn’s Dining Room Double Take - June 8, 2018
- Evelyn’s Light & Fresh Sophisticated Dining Room Design - June 8, 2018
- Evelyn’s Double Take: Changing With The Seasons - February 23, 2018