Grilled chicken on the barbecue is a summertime staple for many families. Not only does grilling on the open flame add a smoky taste, it makes clean-up a breeze. This tangy lemon marinade as seen in Walmart Live Better magazine is going to turn everyone's favourite bird into a juicy and flavourful feast that is sure to please.
- 8 skin-on, bone-in chicken pieces
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp Great Value Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Great Value Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Great Value Dried Oregano Leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp Great Value Basil Leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Trim excess fat from chicken skin (this will prevent flare-ups on the grill). Make several shallow cuts in the chicken to allow marinade to infuse.
- Whisk lemon juice with oil, garlic powder, herbs and salt in a large bowl. Season with pepper.
- Add chicken and turn to coat. Marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes or refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-low. Oil grill.
- Remove chicken from marinade (do not discard marinade). Barbecue with lid closed for 15 minutes then baste chicken with remaining marinade.
- Flip chicken and continue grilling with lid closed until chicken feels springy when pressed, 15 to 20 more minutes.
Look for additional recipes and barbecue ideas at www.walmart.ca/recipes.