Easy and delicious, the Mediterranean ingredients for this dish offer full-bodied colour and flavour. Hide your best china—guests may want to smash plates in approval as the Greeks used to do.
- Large red pepper, halved 1
- Large yellow pepper, halved 1
- Greek dressing 2 tbsp. 30 mL
- Black olive tapenade 1/4 cup 60 mL
- Plain yogurt 1/4 cup 60 mL
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs 8
- (3 oz., 85 g, each)
- Large lemon, halved 1
- Crumbled feta cheese 1/2 cup 125 mL
- Fresh oregano leaves, lightly packed 1 tbsp. 15 mL
- Grill red and yellow peppers, skin-side down, on direct medium-high heat for about 10 minutes until skins are blistered and blackened. Cover with foil and let stand until cool enough to handle. Remove and discard skins. Cut peppers into long strips.
- Toss with dressing and set aside.
- Combine tapenade and yogurt in a large resealable freezer bag. Add chicken and chill for 30 minutes. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken on direct medium heat for about 7 minutes per side until internal temperature reaches 170°F (77°C).
- Squeeze lemon over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese and oregano. Serve with grilled peppers.
ABOUT YOGURT It’s worth finding authentic Greek yogurt for this recipe if you can (check Greek or Middle Eastern food markets). Greek yogurt is thick and creamy and has no thickening agents added to it, so it is a more natural product than many Northern American yogurts.
Reprinted from Practical Gourmet Good Friends, Great Grilling © Company’s Coming Publishing Limited www.companyscoming.com
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Jacklynn’s Contemporary Living Room Design Board - November 16, 2018
- Yvonne’s Cheerful Bedroom Design Board - November 16, 2018
- Yummy Christmas Mocktails Perfect for Christmas Dinner - November 12, 2018