• 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/2 Tbsp ground black pepper
• 2 large eggs, beaten
• 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
• 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
• 1 pound raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails attached
• 3–4 Tablespoons vegetable oil or coconut oil.
• 2 Tbsp Butter
• 1/2 cup Honey
• 1/3 cup Soy Sauce
• 3 Garlic Cloves minced
• 1 Lime juiced
• 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
• 1 Tbsp cold Water
1. Gather 3 medium bowls. In the first combine flour, salt, and pepper. In the second beat the eggs . In the third bowl combine Panko and coconut.
2. Coat a single shrimp with flour, dip in the eggs and then dredge the shrimp into the coconut/panko mixture, pressing gently to adhere until fully coated. Set the coated shrimp aside on a plate. Repeat until all shrimp are coated.
3. Over medium heat, add enough oil to cover the bottom of a large skillet. Fry the coconut shrimp in small batches of no more than 7-8 shrimp at a time. Fry each side for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Place fried shrimp on a paper-towel-lined plate.
4. Over medium-high heat, melt the butter in a small saucepan and add the garlic cloves. Sauté for about a minute until the garlic becomes fragrant.
5. Stir in the honey, soy sauce, and lime juice and bring to a boil.
6. In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and water together until it’s dissolved and no lumps remain. Stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook for an additional minute. Serve as a dipping sauce or drizzle over the shrimp.
QUEEN BEE HONEY + GINGER BOOST. 100% Pure Raw Canadian No 1 White Honey mixed with ginger extract.