These kebabs are the ultimate Greek experience. Everyone will love their juicy cubes of pork seasoned with traditional souvlaki flavours and grilled to perfection. Easy to prep and assemble, these kebabs are an excellent choice for an impromptu neighbourhood party or a family barbecue. Serve the kebabs straight off the skewer, or make a sandwich with fresh pita bread. Either way, your guests are going to leave the party satisfied. Pro tip: Be sure to prepare extra yogurt sauce, as this creamy addition is sure to be a hit.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, oregano, thyme, garlic, lemon rind, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add pork and toss until well-coated with marinade. Let stand for 10 to 30 minutes.
- Heat barbecue or oiled grill pan on high heat.
- Thread pork on skewers (if you are using wooden ones, you will need to soak them in water for 30 minutes in advance). Turning occasionally, grill pork for 10 minutes or until browned at the edges and cooked through but still juicy.
- Combine yogurt, garlic and salt in a bowl and stir together.
- Serve pork with yogurt sauce.
For additional recipes and barbecue ideas, visit walmart.ca/discoverfresh.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Getting Ready for IDS19 - January 14, 2019
- Furniture Staging Tips - January 14, 2019
- Design Trends and Real Estate: What You Need to Know - January 14, 2019