Make your mom proud this Mother's Day by serving up a special spring brunch. This fanciful dish from the Almond Board of California is sure to impress and is so simple to make. Using a blend of fresh berries, cottage cheese, slivered almonds and a touch of honey, the flavours are sure to brighten up her day.
- 1 cup (250 mL) no-salt-added 1% cottage cheese
- ½ cup (125 mL) nonfat or light sour cream
- ¼ cup (60 mL) honey
- ½ tsp (2 mL) almond extract
- 1 pint (470 mL) fresh strawberries (about 2 cups, 500 mL)
- ½ pint fresh raspberries (about 1 cup, 250 mL)
- ½ pint fresh blueberries (about 1 cup, 250 mL)
- ½ cup (125 mL) slivered almonds, dry-roasted
- In a food processor or blender, process cottage cheese for one minute. Scrape sides of container and process for one minute, or until smooth. Transfer to an airtight container; refrigerate for about 8 hours, or until firm.
- Put cottage cheese in a medium bowl; gently fold in sour cream. Fold in honey and almond extract. (At this point, mixture can be refrigerated for up to two days in an airtight container.)
- At serving time, slice strawberries; in a medium bowl, gently combine with other berries. Spoon about 1/3 cup (75 mL) berries into each of 12 individual bowls or goblets. Top each serving with about 2 tbsp (30 mL) cream mixture, then sprinkle each with almonds.
More recipes can be found online at almondboard.com.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Getting Ready for IDS19 - January 14, 2019
- Furniture Staging Tips - January 14, 2019
- Design Trends and Real Estate: What You Need to Know - January 14, 2019