Honey Almond Cream with Berries
Make your mom proud this Mother's Day by serving up a special spring brunch. This fanciful dish from the Almond Board of California is sure to impress and is so simple to make. Using a blend of fresh berries, cottage cheese, slivered almonds and a touch of honey, the flavours are sure to brighten up her day.
- 1 cup (250 mL) no-salt-added 1% cottage cheese
- ½ cup (125 mL) nonfat or light sour cream
- ¼ cup (60 mL) honey
- ½ tsp (2 mL) almond extract
- 1 pint (470 mL) fresh strawberries (about 2 cups, 500 mL)
- ½ pint fresh raspberries (about 1 cup, 250 mL)
- ½ pint fresh blueberries (about 1 cup, 250 mL)
- ½ cup (125 mL) slivered almonds, dry-roasted
- In a food processor or blender, process cottage cheese for one minute. Scrape sides of container and process for one minute, or until smooth. Transfer to an airtight container; refrigerate for about 8 hours, or until firm.
- Put cottage cheese in a medium bowl; gently fold in sour cream. Fold in honey and almond extract. (At this point, mixture can be refrigerated for up to two days in an airtight container.)
- At serving time, slice strawberries; in a medium bowl, gently combine with other berries. Spoon about 1/3 cup (75 mL) berries into each of 12 individual bowls or goblets. Top each serving with about 2 tbsp (30 mL) cream mixture, then sprinkle each with almonds.
More recipes can be found online at almondboard.com.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 House Plants That Thrive in Low-Light - March 23, 2023
- Six Key Benefits of Using a Waterproof Coating for Parking Lots - March 23, 2023
- Home Renos and Stress - March 23, 2023
Leave a Comment