You don’t need to go far to get a relaxing break. Staycations are a clever way to have a vacation on a budget while seeing your city in a new way. So if you would like some ideas, take a look at these top tips from the travel savvy team at Holiday Inn:
- Be open to adventure. Research the attractions in your city that are popular with tourists, especially those you haven’t visited before. Walking tours or dining at new restaurants can make you feel like you have travelled to a new place.
- Treat yourself. While you’re saving money on an international flight you can indulge a bit at high-end shops or spas that you would only dream of visiting.
- Don’t overschedule your day, sleep in! Don’t forget you are on vacation. Give yourself a bit of time to wander neighbourhoods and areas you haven’t visited often and take in the sights.
- Get out of your home environment. Stay at a local hotel to treat yourself and make use of amenities like the swimming pool or fitness centre.
- Challenge yourself to try something new. You can take home many exciting memories from a staycation trip.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- How to Accommodate Special Diets this Holiday Season - November 23, 2017
- Sunshine Kiwifruit Smoothie Bowl - November 21, 2017
- Honey Banana Pops - November 21, 2017