The Designer: Marc Atiyolil is a designer, Editor-in-Chief of Home Trends Magazine and co-host of the Marc and Mandy Show.
The Look: Traditional, nature inspired materials are given a modern twist in this outdoor living space. The focal point, a white stone accent wall with a clean lined fireplace, gives a modern edge while chairs in coordinating wood accents pull the modern fireplace and traditional cedar-toned deck together beautifully. Finish the look with throw pillows in an abstract pattern that will act like artwork in the space for a pop of bright, summer color.
Recreate This Look:
- Stain the deck with SharkSkin Translucent in Cedar from Cloverdale.
- Paint the exterior of your home in Zen Retreat 0535 by Cloverdale.
- Install the H6 Series fireplace from Valor Fireplaces.
- Install natural stone panels from Stone Selex.
- Choose the double frame wall light fixture from Union Lighting and Furnishings.
- Place Alfresco lounge chairs from Crate & Barrel.
- Include artificial Mango trees from Canadian Tire.
- Accessorize with abstract throw pillows from Zazzle.
- Accessorize with Sulfur Sunbrella Pillows from Crate & Barrel.