Classic margherita toppings and zesty pesto cover an innovative pizza crust for an easy, delicious starter. Adventurous chefs may want to try other fast-cooking toppings such as figs and soft goat cheese or pears and Camembert.
- Package of puff pastry (14 oz., 397 g), 1/2
- thawed according to package directions
- Basil pesto 2 tbsp. 30 mL
- Bocconcini, thinly sliced 3 oz. 85 g
- Seeded chopped Roma (plum) tomatoes 1 cup 250 mL
- Chopped fresh basil 2 tbsp. 30 mL
- White balsamic vinegar 1 tbsp. 15 mL
- Granulated sugar 1/2 tsp. 2 mL
- Roll out pastry to a 9 x 9 inch (22 x 22 cm) square. Using a fork, prick holes all over both sides of pastry. Transfer to a baking sheet or 12 inch (30 cm) round pizza pan. Prepare grill for direct high heat. Place pizza on grill and reduce burner under pastry to medium-low, keeping opposite burner on high. Cook for about 7 minutes until pastry is puffed and bottom is golden. Turn pastry over and rotate 180°. Cook for about 7 minutes until golden. Turn off both burners.
- Brush pastry with pesto and arrange cheese over top. Close lid and let stand on grill for about 3 minutes until cheese is melted. Remove from grill and cut into 8 pieces.
- Toss remaining 4 ingredients together and scatter over pizza.
Reprinted from Practical Gourmet Good Friends, Great Grilling © Company’s Coming Publishing Limited www.companyscoming.com
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Ultimate Design Challenge: Vote for a Chance to Win! - November 16, 2018
- Jacklynn’s Contemporary Living Room Design Board - November 16, 2018
- Yvonne’s Cheerful Bedroom Design Board - November 16, 2018