Designer Karla Dreyer visits Style in Form to create a console table vignette and shares her favorite tips with you.
- When choosing a console, it’s great to have something with texture for visual interest as well as built-in storage for added functionality which is why I love this one from Style in Form.
- Remember the style and feel you want and that will help in choosing items. For this look we went with a relaxed Bohemian vibe.
- When styling the top of your console, I suggest thinking in threes and focusing on creating a mix of heights and textures. In this case, we chose items like a table lamp and a basket that are decorative and functional. Above the console, I prefer to hang either a mirror or a piece of art. The artwork used here is perfect in its size and style and adds to the casual, textured feel of this vignette.
- Often, the sides of a console get forgotten. This is one of my favorite “designer tricks.” You can add plants, a chair or a fun pouf to fill the space and add texture.
- Space Designed by Karla Dreyer, www.karladreyerdesign.com
- Photography by John Molnar, www.metrotownmedia.com
- Console and Accessories, Style in Form, www.styleinform.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Karla is an award-winning Interior Stylist who believes in living authentically at home and in life. Her work has been featured in ELLE Magazine, Style at Home Magazine, Rue Magazine, Design*Sponge, Western Living, Modern Sanctuary and Vancouver Magazine. She is a regular guest expert on City TV’s Breakfast Television, CBC, produces the reoccurring “How to Style” series on the Marc and Mandy Show, and for Canadian Home Trends Magazine. She has been awarded Best of Houzz Design, Customer Service, and the Influencer Award. She also produces a weekly You-Tube Show with Design Tips & DIYs.