Massimo's 30 Minute Dessert: To end the meal, try a delicious dessert that is both light and delicate.
- 4 firm-ripe bosc pears, peeled and cored
- 4 tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 lemon, rind only
- 1 orange, rind only
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 1 tbsp. butter
- ½ lb. chocolate
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 oz. rum
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place the pears standing up in a baking dish, and make sure to have them snug. Sprinkle the wine
- Add the rind from the lemon and orange, the vanilla bean. Sprinkle with sugar and bake at 425°F for about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Boil the cream with the butter. Remove from stove and add the chocolate, a pinch of salt, and the rum. Stir well and set aside.
- Whip the sugar with the yolks and gently pour the hot chocolate on it.
- Pour the chocolate sauce on a plate and place the pear on it. Serve vanilla ice cream beside it and enjoy.