Roasted Pears with Chocolate Sauce
Massimo's 30 Minute Dessert: To end the meal, try a delicious dessert that is both light and delicate.
- 4 firm-ripe bosc pears, peeled and cored
- 4 tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 lemon, rind only
- 1 orange, rind only
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 1 tbsp. butter
- ½ lb. chocolate
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 oz. rum
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place the pears standing up in a baking dish, and make sure to have them snug. Sprinkle the wine
- Add the rind from the lemon and orange, the vanilla bean. Sprinkle with sugar and bake at 425°F for about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Boil the cream with the butter. Remove from stove and add the chocolate, a pinch of salt, and the rum. Stir well and set aside.
- Whip the sugar with the yolks and gently pour the hot chocolate on it.
- Pour the chocolate sauce on a plate and place the pear on it. Serve vanilla ice cream beside it and enjoy.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Massimo Capra has been on The Food Network many times with successful shows like Restaurant Makeover. He has a regular spot on CityTV’s Cityline, is a national column writer and author of two best selling cookbooks. He is now the host of his own destination cooking show called Gourmet Escapes. He is co-owner/executive of Mistura and also brings his passion for great gourmet food at affordable prices to Canada’s busiest airport, Pearson International (Toronto), with the opening of Boccone Trattoria Veloce and Boccone Pronto.