Hosting an Easter Celebration for friends and family? Glen shares ten easy tips to help you get ready, entertain in style and relax through-out the process!
- Clear out the Christmas urn at the front door and replace with tulips or daffodils. They are spring flowers and they like the cool spring weather (not freezing though).
- A straw welcome mat from the hardware store can be stencil painted with a “Happy Easter” or a bunny silhouette.
- Create a wreath of feathers (made from a boa) and decorate with artificial daffodils and mini chocolate eggs for arriving guests.
- Personally greet your guests at the door – don’t send your 5 year old to do it. People will feel more relaxed.
- Clear space in the front hall closet for coats. Take your coats up to a bedroom and leave the front hall for guest coats.
- In a larger vase, display cherry blossoms in water for a pop of colour. If you can’t find real blossoms, use paper or artificial blooms.
- Try to organize a meal that doesn’t require you to be in the kitchen to the last minute – when the host is frantic, guests feel uneasy.
- If your dinner is buffet style, create and decorate the area in advance and know what bowls you will use for various foods to avoid stress.
- For a sit down dinner, set the table in advance and decorate place settings with chocolate eggs and chocolate bunnies along with place cards.
- Pre-arrange an Easter egg hunt for the children after dinner so the adults can continue to chat. Put a name on each egg so that each child has something to find.
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends' National Design Editor, Glen Peloso forged into the world of design 20 years ago after completing his Masters degree in Fine Art. As Principal of Grafus Design Co., he has worked in residential, hospitality and commercial spaces for clients in several countries and has successfully designed over 300 projects in that time. TV Celebrity Designer and Canadian Home Trends National Design Contributor, Glen is also recognized as a design expert on The Marilyn Denis Show and from his past work as a host/designer of the internationally popular television shows Foodnetwork/HGTV`s Restaurant Makeover, and W networks ‘Take this House and Sell it’, and “Slice Network” show, Renovate my Wardrobe.
Latest posts by Glen Peloso (see all)
- 2019 Lighting Trends with Glen Peloso - December 13, 2018
- Sixteen Chic Fall Decor Ideas for Thanksgiving Entertaining - September 16, 2018
- Adding Color and Drama in Your Bathroom - September 6, 2018