For many Canadians eating in-season means trying a variety of new and healthy dishes. This delicious twist on a classic potato salad recipe adds a new flavour to your summer barbecues.
- 3 lbs. assorted potatoes (all-purpose, red and/or sweet potatoes or yams), unpeeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 120 mL (1/2 cup) Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) sliced green onions
- 4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled (optional)
- Cover potatoes with water in a 4-quart saucepot; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 14 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain and cool slightly. Combine the Hellmann's mayonnaise with mustard in a large bowl. Add potatoes and onions and toss gently. Season to taste, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Serve chilled or at room temperature. Just before serving, sprinkle with bacon if desired.
Our bodies do not produce vegetable-based omega-3, therefore we have to include it daily through foods like canola and flaxseed oil, or products made of these such as mayonnaise. Fat helps our bodies to absorb a range of vitamins such as vitamins A, D, E and K.
Complete nutritional information (including sodium content) can be found at www.hellmanns.ca along with more tasty recipes to keep your family on their toes.