This filling, easy-to-make meal will allow you to satisfy that craving for a filling and delicious spread while sticking to your healthy-eating goals.
Like fruits and vegetables, bread has naturally occurring vitamins and minerals, and is an excellent source of nutrients that can help Canadians manage their weight. An excellent source of Manganese, which helps your body metabolize carbohydrates, this sandwich is a perfect way to satisfy your hunger in a healthy, delicious way.
- 4 Slices Dempster's WholeGrains Wheat & Oats with Honey Bread, toasted
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) Hummus
- 2 Slices light Havarti cheese
- 1 Tomato, sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Diced red onion
- ½ Cucumber, sliced
- 1 Package alfalfa sprouts
- Spread hummus evenly on one side of each slice of toast.
- Top 2 slices of toast with cheese, tomato, red onion, cucumber, a handful of alfalfa sprouts and remaining slices of toast to form sandwiches.
- Cut in half and serve.
For more delicious recipes, please visit NaturallyDempsters.ca
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Jo Alcorn’s Trends 2 Watch: Bathrooms - January 10, 2018
- Expert Advice: Getting the Best Bang for Your Bathroom Renovation Buck - January 10, 2018
- Accessing Your Home Equity: Remortgaging vs Home Equity Loans - January 2, 2018