Nothing signals the start of spring like an Easter brunch table with tasty ingredients and family favourites laid out for all to enjoy. This year, why not pull out all the stops with new and easy gourmet creations to impress any brunch connoisseurs?
Try the Apple Sausage Raisin Strata recipe, a sweet and savoury baked sensation made with an all-time family favourite: Sun-Maid Raisin Cinnamon Swirl Bread. Serve in ramekins and garnish with fresh slices of Granny Smith apple. If you don't have ramekins, a muffin pan substitutes nicely. Coat cups lightly with cooking spray before filling and use a silicon spatula to lift out of pan to serve. Voila! Gourmet made easy.
- 4 slices Sun-Maid Raisin Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked crumbled sausage
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, diced (about 1-1/4 cups/300 mL)
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Heat oven to 325°F (160°C). Cut bread into 1/2 inch (1 cm) cubes. Beat eggs and milk in a medium bowl. Stir in bread, sausage, apple and cheese. Spoon evenly into four 1 cup/8-ounce or eight 1/2 cup/4 ounce ramekins or custard cups; place cups on a baking sheet. Bake 35- 40 minutes for the larger size, 30 minutes for the smaller size, or until puffed and tops feel set. Serve warm.
- A video of this recipe, with a step-by-step demonstration, is available online at www.sunmaid.ca.
John Placko is the director of culinary excellence at Canada Bread.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- How long does it take to build a house from start to finish? - June 1, 2020
- How can I clean any room in 2 minutes? - June 1, 2020
- How to decorate a room with simple things? - June 1, 2020