Artichoke Carbonara with Shiitake Bacon (gluten-free option) Ingredients:
- ½ 454 g pack of linguine pasta (can use gluten-free)
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- ½ onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cups almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tbsp flour (all purpose, or gluten free flour)
- 1 wedge of Nuts For Cheese Smoky Artichoke & Herb
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt (optional)
- 3 cups shiitake mushrooms, stem removed and sliced (should equal about 2 cups)
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tbsp liquid smoke
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp avocado oil
- ¾ cup of raw cashews
- ¼ cup of nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 430F. Add tomatoes to a sheet pan with oil, salt and pepper, and bake for 15 minutes (until blistered).
- Prepare your shiitake bacon by adding everything into a small bowl, tossing the ingredients and marinating for a few minutes.
- While the tomatoes are cooking, cook pasta in a large pot according to package. After the pasta are cooked, drain, rinse with cool water and drizzle a couple tsp of oil on them so they don’t stick together (set aside).
- Preheat a saucepan over medium and cook the shiitake mushrooms by adding them in ½ Tbsp heated oil for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently. They will be done when they are browned and liquid has been cooked off.
- While the mushrooms are frying, in the same pot as the pasta, heat oil over medium. Add the onion and garlic and cook for about 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently, until translucent. Add flour and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add nut milk and cook until the liquid thickens a little bit and it begins to bubble.
- Add the Smoky Artichoke wedge, sea salt (optional) and whisk until a sauce forms. Reduce heat to low.
- Once the sauce is cooked, take cooked pasta and add to the sauce, stir until sauce coats the pasta.
- Make sure the shiitake bacon is fully cooked, and the tomatoes are removed from oven, and add mushrooms and tomatoes to pasta and toss.
- Serve the Artichoke Carbonara with Shiitake Bacon and then sprinkle some cashew parmesan on top of the pasta.
For more inspiring ideas, click here.
For more unique items for your home, click shopCHT.com.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Small Kitchen Space? Make The Most Out Of It! - September 25, 2021
- It’s Already Nice. Why Do I Need Staging? - September 25, 2021
- Why you Should Shop for Furniture Through Higher-End Stores - September 25, 2021