For an easy take on gluten free cooking that can be prepped in advance, try this recipe from Chef Michael Allemeier.
- 1 pkg. (340 g) Catelli Gluten Free Linguine
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shallots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 3 cups (750 mL) ripe roma tomatoes, diced
- One pinch dried chili flakes (optional)
- 240 g large shrimp, each one cut into three pieces
- 12 large fresh mint leaves (thinly sliced)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Add 6 litres of water to a pot and 1 tbsp (15 mL) of salt to water. Bring to a boil.
- In a large pot or frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add sliced shallots and cook until tender and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add sliced zucchini and mix well. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes until zucchini becomes soft and tender. Season with a touch of salt.
- Add corn, diced tomatoes and a pinch of chili flakes. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and turn heat down to low.
- Add linguine to boiling water and cook according to package directions. Drain well and add to sauce. Add sliced mint leaves and toss well. Add salt and pepper to taste; serve immediately.
For more gluten free inspiration follow #GlutenFreeFridays and check out Catelli.ca.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- DIY Father’s Day Gift Ideas - June 3, 2020
- Simple Ways To Update Your Backyard - June 3, 2020
- Father’s Day Grilling Giveaway with The Home Depot Canada - June 3, 2020