Are you thinking of ordering Pad Thai tonight? Try cutting more than half the calories and making it yourself. Instead of using traditional chicken breast weighed down with fatty grease, try using flavoured tuna. For a bit of flair, add chopped peanuts, bean sprouts and an easy-to-make sauce using coconut milk to cut calories without sacrificing taste.
Compare with Take-out Pad Thai: 1,000 - 1,400 calories
- 1 cup rice vermicelli, medium width
- 1 can (85 g) Clover Leaf Flaked Light Tuna - Spicy Thai Chili
- 1 can (85 g) Clover Leaf Flaked Light Tuna - Spicy Peanut Satay
- 1/4 cup snow peas, julienne - divided
- 1/4 cup carrot, grated - divided
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp peanuts, chopped
- In a large bowl, cover the rice noodles with boiling water and let soak for 3-4 minutes.
- While the noodles soak, in a large sauté pan, add the cans of tuna, sliced snow peas, grated carrots and stir together over high heat. Add coconut milk and ketchup.
- Drain noodles and toss with tuna sauce in the pan. Serve in a shallow bowl and garnish with remaining grated carrots and snow peas along with bean sprouts and peanuts.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Harry Eastwood’s Light Chocolate Cake - September 30, 2020
- 7 Simple Steps to a Healthier Lifestyle - September 30, 2020
- Your Questions Answered with Bryan Baeulmer, Carson Arthur and more! - September 30, 2020