- 12 oz flank steak or sirloin
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp chili sauce
To Complete The Dish:
- 1 lb fresh lo mein noodles
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup snap peas
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 scallions, julienned with white and green parts separated
- Slice the beef into thin strips against the grain.
- Place the sliced beef in a small bowl with baking soda, corn starch, soy sauce, and oil. This step will make the beef tender and flavorful with a glistening look.
- Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the lo mein sauce by combining the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil and sambal olek in a small bowl.
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions until they’re al dente and drain thoroughly. Set aside.
- Place your wok over high heat until it’s smoking lightly.
- Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to coat the wok and add the beef so it’s all in one layer on the hot wok surface.
- Sear each side for about 30 seconds.
- Remove the beef from the wok and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of oil, along with the garlic, carrots, peppers and mushrooms. Stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the white parts of the scallions. Stir-fry for another 20 seconds.
- Add everything together for another 30 seconds.
- Add the prepared noodles and the pre-mixed sauce.
- Continue stir-frying with a scooping motion until the sauce is evenly distributed, making sure to scrape the bottom of the wok to prevent the noodles from sticking.
- Toss in the green parts of the scallions and taste the lo mein.
- Plate and serve with homemade chili oil or hot sauce on the side!
Continuous stirring in a scooping motion prevents the noodles from sticking. High heat and a well-seasoned wok should also prevent any sticking.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- What’s the Difference Between a Coverlet and Bedspread? - October 7, 2022
- Choosing the Right Home Builder : Tips and Tricks - October 7, 2022
- Why Does Paint Quality Matter? - October 7, 2022