Coconut Curry Chicken SIMMERING IN COCONUT MILK WITH CHICKPEAS IS A DISH BEST SERVED WITH RICE, AND YOU CAN’T FORGET THE PEPPER SAUCE. A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY, SO PROCEED WITH CAUTION. IF YOU CAN’T TAKE THE HEAT, LEAVE IT OUT AND ENJOY THE REST OF THE FLAVORS.
- 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs or breast
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2-3 tsp ginger (or to taste)
- 1 tsp hot Caribbean pepper sauce
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 5 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can coconut milk or cream
- salt, to taste
Coconut Curry Chicken DIRECTIONS
Cut chicken into small pieces and season with garlic, ginger, salt, and hot pepper sauce. Marinate for 30 minutes or more.
On medium, heat oil in a pot or skillet. Add onions, cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add chicken to the pot. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes then add chickpeas.
Mix curry powder with 2/3 cup of water until smooth (add more water if too thick). Add to the pot and cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Stir in 1 can of coconut milk, lower heat to a simmer. Cover and cook until meat is tender. Adjust salt and hot pepper to taste.
Recipe by Rob Thomas, www.chefrob.ca
For more unique items for your home, click shopCHT.com.
For more unique items for your home, click here.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Remote Schooling: Creating a Dedicated eLearning Space - September 17, 2021
- Create a Guest Bathroom for Outdoor Entertaining - September 17, 2021
- Educational Travel Ideas for Families - September 17, 2021