Mushroom and Broccoli Crustless Quiche
Eliminating the pastry in quiche lowers the fat and calorie count; breadcrumbs temper the egg’s sensitivity to any excess moisture from the vegetables.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 8 oz (250 g) sliced fresh Mushrooms
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped onion
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) small broccoli florets
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) 2% milk*
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded old cheddar or Swiss cheese
- ¾ cup (175 mL) soft breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Each salt and dried basil
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) Each pepper and nutmeg
- ¼ cup (1 mL) diced red pepper (optional)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Parmesan cheese
- In large skillet melt butter over medium heat; sauté mushrooms and onion for 3-4 minutes or until moisture has evaporated; add broccoli and garlic, sauté until broccoli is bright green, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon mushroom mixture into lightly greased 9”(22 cm) pie plate. In mixing bowl or large measuring cup whisk milk and eggs together; stir in cheese, breadcrumbs, salt, basil, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Pour over mushroom mixture stirring lightly to combine. Sprinkle with red pepper (if using) and Parmesan cheese. Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for 25-30 minutes or until centre is set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
*Substitute evaporated milk to give a little creamier consistency
More delicious recipe ideas are available online at www.mushrooms.ca.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- What Are Cost-Effective Ways to Raise Your Property Value? - June 10, 2023
- What to Do if Your Home Has Been Vandalized - June 10, 2023
- Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair - June 10, 2023
Leave a Comment