If you're looking for an indulgent treat, this twist on the ice cream parlour classic is just the trick. The combination of peanut butter, fudge and fresh fruit is sure to delight kids and those young at heart. This decadent sauce can be kept refrigerated for up to one week.
- 1 cup (250 ml) whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) honey
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) peanut butter
- 3 1/2 oz (100 g) bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- Ice Cream Sundae Skewers
- 12 wooden skewers (4-inch/10-cm), or long toothpicks
- 12 brownie cubes (1-inch/2.5-cm)
- 12 small strawberries
- 1 large banana, cut into 12 slices (½-inch/1-cm thick)
- 6 scoops coffee, vanilla or chocolate ice cream
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) peanuts, preferably salted, coarsely chopped
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together whipping cream, brown sugar, honey and cocoa powder until smooth. Set over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, whisking continuously. Reduce heat and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in peanut butter, bittersweet chocolate, vanilla and salt.
- Thread each skewer with a brownie, strawberry and banana slice. Scoop ice cream into 6 dishes and top with two skewers. Drizzle sauce over sundae kebobs and garnish with peanuts.
Tip: Peanut Butter Fudge Sauce can also be a replacement for traditional chocolate fondue, to be served with your favourite fruits.
Additional recipes can be found at www.peanutbureau.ca.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Remote Schooling: Creating a Dedicated eLearning Space - September 21, 2021
- Create a Guest Bathroom for Outdoor Entertaining - September 21, 2021
- Educational Travel Ideas for Families - September 21, 2021