When it comes to everyday meals, are you tired of the same old routine? Are your go-to recipes in need of a refresh? No need to fret − by adding fresh grapes to any dish you can elevate the commonplace to captivating.
Yes, grapes from California are an excellent example of how to play this simple addition game. With their tender-crisp bite and delicately sweet taste, grapes add the unexpected. For an easy upgrade to salads, just toss them in. Try adding grapes to bagged salad kits, like Southwest or Caesar flavours, or mix them into coleslaw. Add them to your favourite takeout deli salad for a better bite too. You'll love how their flavour and juicy texture balances a tart vinaigrette or a creamy dressing, as well as the crunch of greens and cabbage.
Grapes can also be added to a classic tuna or chicken salad, providing the “fresh” factor and enhancing the salad with a character boost. Serve this salad for a special occasion or just enjoy it yourself any day of the week. Great taste has no limits.
- 2 cups chicken breast meat, cooked and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups halved California grapes
- 1/4 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all salad ingredients in bowl and mix well. Serve on mixed greens or whole grain toasted roll.