Add a new twist to a family classic. Include canned California cling peaches as part of the topping and you will boost the number of fruit servings, creating a healthier meal.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, light or regular (50 mL)
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (50 mL)
- 1 tbsp lime juice (15 mL)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced (1)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 can California Cling peach halves, in fruit juice or light syrup (14 oz/398 mL) (1 can)
- 2 cups packaged coleslaw or broccoli slaw mix (500 mL)
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander (50 mL)
- 4 skinless boneless chicken cutlets ( 4)
- 2 tsp TexMex seasoning (10 mL)
- 8 large taco shells or small flour tortillas (8)
- Hot sauce (optional)
- In a bowl, stir mayonnaise with yogurt, lime juice, garlic, salt and cayenne. Drain peaches well and chop. Place in a bowl along with slaw, coriander and half the mayonnaise mixture. Stir.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with TexMex seasoning and sauté in 1 tbsp (15 mL) of oil in a large frypan until cooked through (approx. 6 to 8 mins. depending on thickness of chicken).
- To assemble, warm shells. Add chicken to shells, drizzle with a bit of remaining mayo mixture. Top with slaw. Makes 8 Tacos.
Did you know?
Canned peaches contain vitamin C, an antioxidant, which boosts the immune system, promotes healing and builds strong bones, teeth and gums.
More information is available online at CalClingPeach.ca.