Christmas is the Time to Focus on the Important Things
People get very uptight around the Christmas holidays because they want all things in the house to be perfect. The real focus of the holidays isn’t to be perfect but to be a perfect host. Those who are going to come to your home and judge are likely not your friends at any rate – relax.
With so many things to do and perhaps not enough time to do them, focus on some of the things that can be fun and easily done.
- The front door needs some urns and evergreen branches. You can take them from the cut offs of the Christmas tree if you need to. Add a couple of weather proof ornaments or some plastic fruit (apples or pears). Now the front door feels like Christmas
- Placing some live greens on the front hall table will provide both smell and beauty when your guests arrive
- I think it’s fun to have a Polaroid camera and a Santa hat at the door. When your guests arrive get them to wear the hat and take a picture. You can attach the pictures to a wreath or use them as place cards at the table
- In the powder room place some wide ribbon around the decorative towels to give the feeling of Christmas
- Have a holiday scented candle in the bathroom
- Place some wrapped boxes (empty) in various groupings in the corners of the dining and living rooms – bows and wrapping also provide a great feeling of Christmas
- Place some live evergreen boughs on the mantle with some pine cones and Christmas balls
Most of all, remember that Christmas is about family and friends so stay focused on that. The holiday decor is only going to be with you for a few weeks, so don’t sweat it too much. Make it as lovely as your time and budget will allow, stand back and admire your work, then get back to work getting the table set and the turkey stuffed!
I’m wishing you all a Very Merry Christmas, A Happy New Year and a Fantastic Holiday!
Latest posts by Glen Peloso (see all)
- 2023 Trends with Designer Glen Peloso - March 26, 2023
- Bathroom Design Tips - March 26, 2023
- Gladden Island Private Retreat - March 26, 2023
Leave a Comment