Spring brings an opportunity to inaugurate a fresh, clean diet. But forget trendy diets du jour, and look instead to simple, easy to find citrus as a low-calorie, fat burning option.
Citrus fruit like lemons, oranges, grapefruit and pummelos contain fat-burning enzymes that promote digestion while enhancing the flavour of other ingredients. In addition, they are rich in vitamin C which speeds up the metabolism and eliminates toxins from the body. Try these nutritious recipes featuring citrus to get your daily dose of vitamin C.
- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 Sunkist grapefruit, peeled
- 1/2 cup freshly-squeezed Sunkist orange juice
- 1/2 cup freshly-pressed apple cider
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped green kale
Place all ingredients into a blender in the order listed; secure lid.
Process on high until blended and smooth.
- 1/2 cups cracked wheat
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water
- 1 Sunkist pummelo
- 1/4 cup Sunkist lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Place the cracked wheat and 1 teaspoon salt in a heat-proof large glass bowl or plastic container. Measure boiling water carefully, pour over the bulgur and cover quickly with plastic wrap. Let sit for 1 hour or until all the water has been absorbed.
- Peel the Sunkist pummelo and tear the citrus flesh of each segment into pieces, discarding the white pith. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the freshly squeezed Sunkist lemon juice, olive oil and the remaining teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Add cooked cracked wheat and stir to combine.
- Add pummelo, tomatoes, parsley and green onions, and stir gently until coated with dressing.
Find more healthy recipes at Sunkist.com.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- DIY Father’s Day Gift Ideas - June 4, 2020
- Simple Ways To Update Your Backyard - June 4, 2020
- Father’s Day Grilling Giveaway with The Home Depot Canada - June 4, 2020