Coconut Pecan Chocolate Logs
hese yummy and easy-to-make treats will leave any coconut lover wanting more. Created by D'Italiano Cook-Off Challenge finalist Joanne MacDonald of Kentville, Nova Scotia, these sweet nibbles are a real crowd-pleaser, sure to disappear in a flash. More tasty recipes can be found online at www.ditaliano.ca.
- 1 jar hazelnut chocolate spread (12 oz/350 g)
- 16 slices D'Italiano Thick Slice Original White Bread, crusts removed
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Spread 2 to 3 tbsp of the hazelnut chocolate spread over one slice of bread and cover gently with another slice of bread. Repeat with remaining bread for a total of 8 squares. Cut each square into thirds to create 24 logs.
- Dip each log in sweetened condensed milk on all sides and remove excess.
- In a shallow plate, mix coconut and pecans until well combined. Dip each log into the mixture, completely covering all sides.
- Place logs on a well-greased 9x13-inch baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Turn over and bake for another 7 to 8 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven, cool on wire racks and enjoy.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 House Plants That Thrive in Low-Light - March 26, 2023
- Six Key Benefits of Using a Waterproof Coating for Parking Lots - March 26, 2023
- Home Renos and Stress - March 26, 2023
Leave a Comment