the designer Heather Segreti of Segreti Design
her location Toronto, ON
the holiday theme Traditional
the goal Creating synergy between outdoor and indoor holiday décor.
the look created. I wanted to ensure that the outdoor decorative urns that flank the homeowner’s front entrance would closely resemble the tree in her family room. I achieved this by purchasing additional decorative ornaments and carrying the same theme and colour palette from the front exterior entrance to the indoor. The urns located at the front door are filled with faux topiary that resemble a boxwood plant. I paired this with live greenery that is placed into the soil at the base of the planter. I then secured the decorative ornaments in place by attaching wire to the ornaments and to the boxwood tree frame.
TIP: Always keep in mind that the impression you create at the door should continue as your guests enter your home. This gold and cream décor theme worked well for the homeowner. She adored the decorative stockings for her three lovely girls over the mantle that act as more of a conversational piece than anything else.
her styling secret: If you have silver and grey tones as part of your colour palette, then keep your décor “silver and grey.” It will look fantastic with accents of polished chrome and glass.
- Stockings, Pier 1 Imports
- Christmastree, Sheridan Nurseries
- Christmas decorations, Floridus Design Images
- Accessories, Global Views, Arteriors, Chapters, Imports Canada
- Designed by, Heather Segreti
Latest posts by Heather Segreti (see all)
- Designer Holiday Home: Traditional - March 27, 2023
- Creating A Home Gym - March 27, 2023
- Holiday Decor that Connects Inside and Out - March 27, 2023
Leave a Comment