- 1-3/4 cups (425 mL) flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cloves
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fancy molasses
- 70 mini pretzel twists
- 1 package (200 g) prepared red cookie icing
- 70 candy eyeballs
- Heat oven to 325F (160C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, salt and cloves.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy; about 2 minutes. Add egg and molasses, mixing until fully combined. In 2 equal parts, add flour mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Roll dough into 1 tbsp. (15 mL) balls and place on prepared baking sheets 1 1/2 inches apart, pressing down lightly with palm. Place two pretzels next to one another 1/4 inch (0.5 cm) inside the edge of each cookie to resemble antlers; press pretzels lightly to adhere to cookie dough.
- Bake in batches until just set; about 12 minutes. Let cool 4 minutes on sheets before cooling completely on racks. Once cooled, use cookie icing to adhere candy eyeballs to cookies and draw noses. Allow to set completely.
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.