- 2 1/4 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup Butter (or hard margarine), softened
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cups Granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Eggnog
- 1 tsp. Rum extract
- 2 Egg yolks (large)
- 2 cups Icing (confectioner’s) sugar
- 3 tbsp. Butter (or hard margarine), softened
- 2 tbsp. Eggnog
- Nutmeg, sprinkle
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggnog, rum extract and egg yolks; beat until smooth. Add flour mixture and beat until just combined. Do not over mix. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet 1 inch apart. Bake in 300ºF (150ºC) for 20 to 23 minutes until bottoms turn light brown.
- Icing: Beat all 3 ingredients in medium bowl, adding more icing sugar or eggnog if necessary until spreading consistency.
- Spread about 1 tsp. (5 mL) icing on top of each cookie. Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
Recipes reprinted from Company’s Coming Publishing Limited - As seen in Canadian Home Trends Magazine Fall 2013 Digital Edition
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Remote Schooling: Creating a Dedicated eLearning Space - September 19, 2021
- Create a Guest Bathroom for Outdoor Entertaining - September 19, 2021
- Educational Travel Ideas for Families - September 19, 2021