Grilled Cabbage Steaks with Bacon and Blue Cheese
Barbecue season is upon us — finally! — and it's time to heat things up with tried-and-true classics and some bold new ideas. This summer, veggies on the grill are on-trend, according to the 2016 Grilling Flavour Forecast by McCormick. So try these thick-cut cabbage steaks with smoky bacon and crumbled blue cheese. Trust us, you'll want to eat your veggies.
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Club House La Grille Smouldering Smoked Applewood Seasoning
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup
- 1 green cabbage, cut into 3/4-inch (2 cm) thick slices (about 6 steaks)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) thinly sliced green onions
- Cook bacon in large skillet on medium heat until crisp. Reserve 1 tbsp (15 mL) drippings. Crumble bacon; set aside.
- Mix seasoning, oil, vinegar, syrup and reserved bacon drippings in small bowl until well blended. Reserve 1 tbsp (15 mL) marinade. Place cabbage steaks in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add remaining marinade; turn to coat well.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer for extra flavour. Remove cabbage steaks from marinade. Reserve any leftover marinade.
- Grill cabbage steaks over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes per side or until tender-crisp, brushing with leftover marinade. Serve cabbage steaks topped with blue cheese, bacon and green onions.
- Drizzle cabbage with reserved marinade.
Get inspired with even more barbecue tips and recipes at grillewisdom.ca.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- What Are Cost-Effective Ways to Raise Your Property Value? - May 31, 2023
- What to Do if Your Home Has Been Vandalized - May 31, 2023
- Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair - May 31, 2023
Leave a Comment