Mixed Greens with Bacon Dressing
Dress up your greens and add some extra crunch with this bacon-infused salad recipe. Perfect as a side dish, this quick-to-prepare and delicious meal can also hold its own as a busy weeknight dinner. Add shredded chicken for extra protein.
- 2 tbsp bacon grease (or canola oil)
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 375 g pkg of bacon, chopped
- Black pepper
- Mixed salad greens
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Spread out bacon slices in a single layer on a foil-covered baking sheet and oven-roast at 400°F for 15 to 25 min until crispy.
- Combine bacon grease, vinegar, oil, Dijon and honey in a small jar. Shake vigorously.
- Add chopped bacon and season with freshly ground black pepper. Shake again.
- Combine greens and tomatoes in a serving bowl. Drizzle with bacon dressing.
Find more double-duty salad ideas at www.walmart.ca/recipes.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 House Plants That Thrive in Low-Light - March 27, 2023
- Six Key Benefits of Using a Waterproof Coating for Parking Lots - March 27, 2023
- Home Renos and Stress - March 27, 2023
Leave a Comment