Grilled Jalapeno Mozzarella Poppers
Bring sophistication to a pub-style favourite by saying goodbye to the deep fryer and firing up the barbecue. Grilling jalapenos brings out their sweetness to counter the spice, which complements the rich flavours of mozzarella and bacon.
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lime zest, finely grated
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) each salt and ground pepper
- 12 jalapenos, halved and seeded
- 6 oz (175 g) Saputo Mozzarellissima cheese, cut into twelve ½ –inch (1-cm) by 2-inch (5-cm) pieces
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cilantro, finely chopped
- 6 slices bacon, halved lengthwise
- Preheat grill to medium-high and grease grates well. Combine olive oil with garlic, lime zest, salt and pepper; brush over cut sides of jalapenos. Stuff one piece of Mozzarellissima into half of the jalapenos and top with cilantro; cap each with an empty jalapeno half. Wrap each pair with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place on grill and cook covered, turning occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes or until bacon is lightly crisped.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook covered for 5 minutes, or until the cheese starts to melt and the jalapeno is tender. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to remove excess grease, then serve.
You can find more recipes and a chance to win $10,000 in prizes at fb.com/saputo.ca.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 House Plants That Thrive in Low-Light - March 27, 2023
- Six Key Benefits of Using a Waterproof Coating for Parking Lots - March 27, 2023
- Home Renos and Stress - March 27, 2023
Leave a Comment