These bite-sized appetizers bring together classic Italian ingredients with a taste of the tropics. Mango and mozzarella may seem like an unusual combination, but they pair together beautifully in a sweet-and-savoury way.
- 1 ripe mango, peeled
- 6 oz (175 mg) Saputo Mozzarellissima cheese, cut into eight 1-inch (2.5-cm) cubes
- 2 tsp (10 ml) fresh tarragon, chopped
- 4 slices Serrano ham, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 2 tsp (10 ml) honey
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave 8 thin slices of mango. Wrap one slice of mango around each cube of Mozzarellissima. Sprinkle with chopped tarragon and wrap each with a piece of Serrano ham. Brush with olive oil and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes, or until cheese starts to melt. Remove bites from the oven and drizzle with honey. Serve with cocktail toothpicks
You can find more recipes and a chance to win $10,000 in prizes at fb.com/saputo.ca.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 10 Fantastic Examples To Help You Design Your Home Office on a Budget - August 12, 2020
- Unusual Places for a Home Office - August 12, 2020
- Beat-the-clock breakfasts for back-to-school - August 12, 2020