Middle Eastern Rice with Spiced Chicken and Chickpeas
With the sunshine out, and outdoor activities in full swing, we are all looking for quick and easy meals that limit our time in the kitchen. The good news is that you can put flavourful meals on the table in 15 minutes, thanks to spices that most of us already have in the pantry and Minute Rice ready to serve rice cups.
- 4 (125 g each) Minute Rice Cups Ready to Serve Long Grain & Wild Rice – Fine Herb
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 lb (500 g) ground chicken
- 2 tsp (10 mL) paprika
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook chicken, paprika, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper, stirring, for 5 to 8 minutes or until chicken is browned.
- Stir in chickpeas and tomatoes; bring to simmer. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with parsley.
For simple 1+1+1 meal ideas and inspiration, visit Thirdoftheway.ca or share your #weekdaywin on social media to inspire others.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 House Plants That Thrive in Low-Light - March 30, 2023
- Six Key Benefits of Using a Waterproof Coating for Parking Lots - March 30, 2023
- Home Renos and Stress - March 30, 2023
Leave a Comment