Mini Ice Cream Sliders
There's no doubt about it—Canadians love their hamburgers. So much so, that the juicy staple of backyard barbecues steps into the spotlight for one month each year. That's right—May is national hamburger month—and this year, sundae specialist, Smucker's, is helping us celebrate the beloved burger by putting a sundae twist on the classic. This delicious recipe for mini ice cream sliders comes complete with sweet tasting toppings that resemble the real thing.
- 1 cup (250mL) chocolate ice cream
- 8 mini cinnamon donuts (15g/0.5oz each), sliced in half
- ¼ cup (50mL) Smucker's Sundae Syrup Strawberry Flavoured Syrup
- 2 strawberries, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30mL) whipped cream
- Sliced kiwi for garnish, optional
- First divide ice cream into eight patties and freeze if necessary. To assemble, place the bottom half of a donut cut side up on a surface. Top with ice cream patty, strawberry slices, whipped cream and syrup. Then top with remaining donut half and place kiwi on a toothpick and place in the donut top. Preparation time is just 10 minutes and the recipe makes eight sliders.
- Tip: To make 'fried onions', toast sweetened, shredded coconut in a 350°F (180°C) for 8-10 minutes, stirring once. Let cool.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 House Plants That Thrive in Low-Light - March 24, 2023
- Six Key Benefits of Using a Waterproof Coating for Parking Lots - March 24, 2023
- Home Renos and Stress - March 24, 2023
Leave a Comment