Mozzarellissima Grilled Stuffed Tomatoes
Kick your tomatoes into high gear with this tasty dish. Perfect as an appetizer or side dish for your grilled steak, this delicious recipe is sure to be a hit. More recipes can be found at saputo.ca.
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1/2 large red onion
- olive oil, to taste
- Small handful fresh mint, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Saputo Mozzarellissima cheese, shredded
- Cut a slice of approximately 1/2 inch (1 cm) off the top of each tomato. With a small knife, cut the inside of the fleshy part of the tomato (do not cut through the bottom of the tomato). Using a spoon, remove the inside of the tomatoes, leaving about 1 cm of flesh attached to skin. Discard the seeds and juice.
- Lightly salt the inside of the tomatoes, place them with the open sides downwards, on a plate covered with paper towels.
- Cut the zucchini lengthwise into 4 slices. Cut the pepper in half and remove the inside. Also cut the half onion in 2. Brush vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes on direct medium heat until they are tender. Remove vegetables from heat. Once cooled, chop the zucchini, onion and pepper into small pieces. Add the mint and a drizzle of olive oil to the vegetables. Mix and season to taste.
- Stuff the tomatoes with the vegetable mixture and top with the Mozzarellissima. Place on the barbecue over medium indirect heat, until cheese is melted and vegetables are heated through (approximately 5 to 6 minutes).
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 House Plants That Thrive in Low-Light - March 21, 2023
- Six Key Benefits of Using a Waterproof Coating for Parking Lots - March 21, 2023
- Home Renos and Stress - March 21, 2023
Leave a Comment