This version of the Spanish mushroom tapas, champiñones al ajillo, is a confit of mushrooms and garlic rather than a classic sautéed preparation. This means wonderfully tender mushrooms, creamy spreadable garlic, and a ton of mushroom garlic oil for dipping. Just add crusty bread and wine. Buen provecho!
- 1 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. cremini mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 head garlic, cloves removed and peeled
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, shaking occasionally until they're deep brown, about 5 minutes. Add chili flakes, garlic, remaining oil, and sea salt. Once oil is bubbling, reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook until mushrooms are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Stir together parsley, lemon zest, and juice. Stir in 2 tbsp oil from the mushrooms. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve mushrooms warm in all or some of the oil. Drizzle with parsley sauce.
Tip: The mushroom garlic oil can be refrigerated for later use. Use in a salad dressing or drizzle on pasta, pizza, or just about anything.
Find more easy holiday appetizers at www.mushrooms.ca.
Attention editors: This article is for distribution in Ontario only.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 House Plants That Thrive in Low-Light - March 29, 2023
- Six Key Benefits of Using a Waterproof Coating for Parking Lots - March 29, 2023
- Home Renos and Stress - March 29, 2023
Leave a Comment