Perfect for an everyday breakfast or weekend brunch, this recipe features portabella mushrooms blending seamlessly with Italian sausage, while peppers add colour to the dish.
Potato Breakfast Hash with Eggs and Mushrooms
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
• 1 large fresh portabella mushroom
• 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
• 3 mild Italian sausages, removed from casing and crumbled
• 1/2 small red onion, diced
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 2 large russet potatoes, peeled, diced
• 1/4 green pepper, diced
• 1/4 red pepper, diced
• Salt and pepper
• 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded cheddar cheese
• 4 large eggs
• Chopped parsley
Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C.
Place portabella mushroom in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
In a large non-stick oven-safe skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped mushrooms, sausage, onion and garlic. Use spatula to break up sausage into tiny pieces. Once cooked, remove from pan and set aside. Leave any fat renderings in pan.
Heat pan with sausage renderings over medium heat. Add diced potatoes. Allow to cook 10 to 15 minutes until softened. Add diced peppers and increase to medium-high heat; continue to cook until potatoes are crispy, about 10 minutes. Add sausage back to pan; cook another 2 to 3 minutes before stirring.
Sprinkle with cheese. Crack eggs in each quadrant of pan. Season with salt and pepper. Place skillet in oven and bake 20 minutes, until eggs are set.
Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Find more breakfast inspiration at www.mushrooms.ca.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- What Are Cost-Effective Ways to Raise Your Property Value? - June 6, 2023
- What to Do if Your Home Has Been Vandalized - June 6, 2023
- Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair - June 6, 2023
Leave a Comment