This smoothie is chock-full of green goodness. Pineapple and pear balance the leafy greens making this a go-to smoothie at any time. Enjoy one serving for breakfast and pack the remaining serving for a mid-morning snack.
- 1 cup (250 mL) kale, washed, leaves pulled off, stalks discarded ((about 3 large stems)
- 1 cup (250 mL) spinach, washed, stems trimmed
- 1/2 Anjou or Bartlett pear, washed, peel on and diced
- 1 medium banana, peeled and quartered
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) frozen or fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ground chia seeds
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) almond butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) Almond Breeze Vanilla almond beverage
- Put all the ingredients into a blender cup and blend until smooth. Adjust for taste. Add more pineapple for acidity or more maple syrup for more sweetness. Serve cold immediately.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- What’s the Difference Between a Coverlet and Bedspread? - September 30, 2022
- Choosing the Right Home Builder : Tips and Tricks - September 30, 2022
- Why Does Paint Quality Matter? - September 30, 2022