These quick fixes for a perfect Easter Celebration will keep the stress to a minimum and the enjoyment to the max!
Hosting an Easter gathering for friends and family? Glen shares ten quick fixes for a perfect Easter celebration to help you get ready, entertain in style and relax through-out the process!
- Clear out the Christmas urn at the front door and replace with tulips or daffodils. They are spring flowers and they like the cool spring weather (not freezing though).
- A straw welcome mat from the hardware store can be stencil painted with a “Happy Easter” or a bunny silhouette.
- Create a wreath of feathers (made from a boa) and decorate with artificial daffodils and mini chocolate eggs for arriving guests.
- Personally greet your guests at the door – don’t send your 5 year old to do it. People will feel more relaxed.
- Clear space in the front hall closet for coats. Take your coats up to a bedroom and leave the front hall for guest coats.
- In a larger vase, display cherry blossoms in water for a pop of colour. If you can’t find real blossoms, use paper or artificial blooms.
- Try to organize a meal that doesn’t require you to be in the kitchen to the last minute – when the host is frantic, guests feel uneasy.
- If your dinner is buffet style, create and decorate the area in advance and know what bowls you will use for various foods to avoid stress.
- For a sit down dinner, set the table in advance and decorate place settings with chocolate eggs and chocolate bunnies along with place cards.
- Pre-arrange an Easter egg hunt for the children after dinner so the adults can continue to chat. Put a name on each egg so that each child has something to find.