There is no better time than now to start taking care of yourself and re-establishing healthy eating habits. The first way to do this is to put down the take-out menu and step in to the kitchen. A recent survey from Leger and Activia showed that Canadians aren't afraid to stir the pot: An impressive nine in 10 Canadian women say that cooking their own meals at home on a daily basis is their preferred way to eat a healthy and balanced diet. Every grocery list should cover all of the essential food groups, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains and dairy. Studies show that most of us don't get Canada Food Guide's daily recommended two to three servings a day. Yogurt is a recognized source of protein that can be incorporated into a recipe for breakfast, lunch, dinner or even dessert. The Activia Challenge is a delicious, simple way to incorporate dairy into your routine – and provide a daily dose of probiotics. Preparing healthy recipes right at home often means no compromise on taste. Mairlyn Smith, professional home economist and cookbook author, recommends an easy way to transform Activia yogurt into a delicious trifle with this simple recipe:
- 4 lady finger cookies
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen local raspberries, thawed
- 4 - 100 g 0% fat Greek Activia Vanilla yogurt
- Mash the thawed raspberries with a fork, set aside.
- Break the lady finger in half and place in the bottom of each of the four bowls.
- Spoon 1/4 cup (60 mL) of the mashed raspberries over top.
- Open 1-100 g container of the Activia yogurt and spoon over top of the raspberries. Repeat with all four of the desserts. Place in the fridge. To soften the lady finger the dessert needs to set for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- What Are Cost-Effective Ways to Raise Your Property Value? - June 2, 2023
- What to Do if Your Home Has Been Vandalized - June 2, 2023
- Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair - June 2, 2023
Leave a Comment