Scarecrow Chicken Sticks
Milk and cookies are snack staples after school, but don't leave much to the imagination. Incorporating a fun title for kids and a healthy protein option for mom is a sure-fire way to get everyone excited for snack time.
These easy-to-prepare chicken sticks will have the kids flipping out over the name and the delicious taste. The secret behind the chicken's straw-like coating is the shredded coconut.
- 10 wooden skewers
- 1 pouch Shake 'n Bake Original mix
- 1/2 cup Great Value sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing or mayonnaise
- 3 skinless, Your Fresh Market boneless chicken breasts
- Soak skewers in water. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place a wire rack on top and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, stir coating mix with coconut.
- Pour dressing or mayonnaise into another bowl.
- Cut chicken strips lengthwise into 1/2" (1cm) thick strips.
- Add to dressing or mayonnaise and stir to coat. Then add to coconut mixture and stir.
- Press coating onto bare spots. Thread skewers through meat. Place on rack. Bake in centre of oven, without turning, until chicken is cooked through, 20 to 30 minutes.
Additional back-to-school snack recipes can be found at www.walmart.ca/recipes.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- What Are Cost-Effective Ways to Raise Your Property Value? - June 6, 2023
- What to Do if Your Home Has Been Vandalized - June 6, 2023
- Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair - June 6, 2023
Leave a Comment