Spinach and Savoy Cabbage Slaw with Roasted Beets and Sesame Vinaigrette
This is the perfect salad to take to a potluck. The savoy cabbage and vinaigrette can be prepared in advance. Add spinach and beets just prior to serving.
Working under the California Leafy Greens Marketing Agreement, leafy greens farmers work hard to ensure California leafy greens are safe, healthy and delicious. More great recipes can be found at www.caleafygreens.ca.gov.
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sesame oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) hot pepper jelly, melted
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ginger, finely minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic, minced
- 4 cups (1 L) savoy cabbage, cored and shredded, about a 1/2 head
- 3 cups (750 mL) baby spinach
- 4 green onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) toasted sesame seeds
- 4 medium roasted beets
- 2 tbsp (30mL) crumbled blue cheese
- Whisk together vinegar, oil, soy sauce, hot pepper jelly, ginger and garlic. Toss with shredded cabbage, spinach, green onions and sesame seeds.
- Cut roasted beets into wedges and gently toss with salad. Sprinkle blue cheese over and serve immediately.
Tip: To roast beets, wrap together in foil and bake at 425°F (220°C) for 1 hour or until tender when tested with the tip of a knife. If you are running low on time, use store-bought pickled beets.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- What Are Cost-Effective Ways to Raise Your Property Value? - May 30, 2023
- What to Do if Your Home Has Been Vandalized - May 30, 2023
- Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair - May 30, 2023
Leave a Comment